There are some days when we just want to pig out and become one with the couch. Sometimes its even good for us to give the daily grind a rest and just…chill. So good.
But some of those days we go overboard – its not longer restorative, its degenerative.
We stuff ourselves, get lost on facebook, compulsively watch TV shows, and maybe have a pity party or just try to numb ourselves out.
There is a way to turn those days around, or at least, to soften the blow.
1. keep drinking WATER.
Even if you are eating your ho-hos, and the nacho chips, and drinking a root beer – KEEP DRINKING THE WATER. fill up a cup, right now, and start yer slurpin’!
- it will dilute the salt, sugar, fat, toxin load on your body – giving it a leg up on cleansing and rebalancing.
- it might just be that one act that connects you back to your true self and gives you that aha-moment of “oh, maybe i’m done with the Doritos.”
2. do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight.
Ok, i get it – some days the daunting idea of doing 60 minutes of cardio just doesn’t rev one’s engine. and thats cool too. we aren’t robots. but, there’s nothing stopping you from doing a little movement. just cause you don’t want to go the whole 9 yards, don’t cheat yourself out of going just 9 steps.
do a little dance.
- put on your fav song and just DANCE – right where you are, right as you are. if you want to raise the stakes, groove to another song, or two.
go for a walk.
- chances are, you might already be in some comfy clothes. depending on the season, either just slip on some flippy-floppies or a big puffy jacket and get your tuchus out on the block. that’s right. be cool like that. and put one foot in front of the other till you did something crazy – like walked around the block. no one’s asking for a triathlon here. just a little fresh air. It will help with digestion, and the fresh air will help you refresh yourself.
if you’ve got someone to get jiggy with…
- what are you waiting for? it *does* count as exercise.
3. Forgive Yourself.
Yup, you feeling guilty and ashamed about what you’re up to only makes it worse.
Guilt and Shame will open that 2nd bag of Doritos, and guzzle it down too – because thats what they do.
It ain’t their fault – they’re born that way. But you’re not – you are beautiful and perfect – even if you’ve forgotten that, today. Maybe you’re having an indulgent day, and you feel like your guts might explode inside you, and its going against your weight loss plans.
You are still a wonderful, lovable person – and deserve your own love and compassion.
- forgiveness is the path to freedom. It sets us free from our own inner critic and inner judge – who hang out all thug-like with baseball bats casually swinging in their hands – menacing and analyzing every move. You can fire them. Yup, you are in charge. You can tell them to go take a vacation, or seriously just retire.
- once you’ve let go of guilt and shame, you no longer have to hide from yourself and its easier to step out of the self-destructive vortex. Its easier to get “back on the horse.” Its easier to take that walk, or have that drink of water, or do that dance, or make some love. My spidey-senses say its got something to do with a rebalancing of your ego. When you are forgiven – you have nothing to prove, nothing to hide, nothing to defend…NOTHING TO RUN INTO THE DONUT BOX FROM. And proving, hiding, and defending is the job of a disbalanced ego.
There you go! You can be back on track! If you need extra support, shoot me a message (click Connect on the Top Menu).
I believe in you! YOU CAN DO IT.
All the love in the world!